No reviews yet. Be the first to review this recipe.
About this recipe:
Pancakes are traditionally served on Shrove Tuesday, when tossing the pancake is a popular sport. As many people will eat two or three pancakes you might want to double the batter quantity and make several pancakes in advance, sugar and lemon juice, chocolate spread or jam are classic pancake fillings. Alternatively, you might like Pancake Crêpes, Vegan Pancakes or Pancake Blintzes.
frying pan, large mixing bowl or jug
200g Doves Farm Organic Plain White Flour
oil, for pan
- Put the flour into a large mixing bowl or jug.
- Break the eggs into the bowl, add half the milk and beat to a smooth paste.
- Stir in the remaining milk to make a smooth batter. Use the batter immediately or refrigerate for up to 12 hours.
- Put a little oil into a frying pan and get the pan nice and hot.
- Stir the batter then spoon or pour some into the hot pan, rolling it out to the edges.
- Cook the pancake, loosening the edges, until the base is golden.
- Turn the pancake over and cook the other side.
- Transfer the pancakes onto a warm plate until you are ready to serve them.
- Repeat until the batter is used.
- Serve immediately or reheat the pancakes in the pan or oven just before serving.