Cherry Clafoutis Pancake
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this recipe.
About this recipe:
Clafoutis is an iconic, oven-baked, French pancake, typically made with un-pitted cherries. The clafoutis batter can be prepared in advance, then baked in a hot oven 30 minutes before serving.
25cm/9” oven dish and mixing bowl
75g caster sugar
75g Doves Farm Organic Plain White Flour
150ml single cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
250g fresh cherries
1 tbsp icing sugar
180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Melt half the butter and set aside.
- Put the remaining butter into a 25cm/9” oven dish and heat it in the oven.
- Break the eggs into a mixing bowl, add the sugar and beat well.
- Gradually add the flour and mix gently.
- Add the milk and cream and beat to make a batter.
- Stir in the melted butter and vanilla and add the cherries.
- Remove the oven dish from the oven and carefully pour in the fruity batter.
- Return to the oven and bake for 30–35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with icing sugar.