About this recipe:
This recipe makes wonderful thin pancakes known as crêpes in France. Often served warm with jam or chocolate spread, lemon juice and sugar are a popular traditional accompaniment.
large frying pan and mixing bowl or jug
100g Doves Farm Organic Plain White Flour
1 tbsp brandy or grape juice
butter, for cooking
- Put the flour into a large bowl.
- Break the eggs into the bowl, add 150ml of milk and beat to a smooth paste.
- Stir in the remaining 150ml of milk and the brandy to make a thin batter. You can use the batter immediately or refrigerate for up to 12 hours if you wish.
- Put a little butter into a frying pan and get the pan nice and hot so the butter lightly covers the surface.
- Stir the batter then spoon or pour some into the hot pan, rolling it out to the edges.
- Cook the pancake crêpe, loosening the edges, until the base is golden.
- Turn it over and cook the other side.
- Transfer the crêpes to a warm plate, until you are ready to serve them.
- Repeat until the batter is used.