White Bread in Two Hours
About this recipe:
You can save up to an hour of your time using this baking method while still producing a delicious white loaf. The secret of this quick white bread lies in resting the dough for just 15 minutes before putting it into the bread tin. This method also works well for Wholemeal Bread in Two Hours.
1kg/2lb bread tin and mixing bowls
500g Doves Farm Organic Strong White Bread Flour
1 tsp Doves Farm Quick Yeast
1 tsp sugar
½ tsp Doves Farm Vitamin C
¼ tsp salt
325ml tepid water
1 tbsp olive oil
oil, for tins
220°C, Fan 200°C, 425°F, Gas 7
- Rub some oil around the inside of a 1kg/2lb bread tin.
- Put the flour, yeast, sugar, vitamin C and salt into a large bowl and blend them together.
- Pour in the water, and stir until everything looks craggy and lumpy.
- Stir in the oil.
- Using your hands gather everything together into a doughy mass.
- Knead the dough in the bowl for 50 presses or pick it up and throw it back into the bowl 50 times. Avoid adding flour.
- Cover the bowl with an upturned bowl or large saucepan and leave for 15 minutes.
- Knead the dough in the bowl for another 50 presses, without adding flour.
- Shape the dough and put it into the prepared tin.
- Invert a large mixing bowl over the tin and leave in a warm place to rise for 45 minutes and pre-heat the oven.
- Remove the inverted bowl and bake for 40-45 minutes. You will know it’s done when the bottom sounds hollow when tapped.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.