Banana and Teff Cupcake Muffins
About this recipe:
The surprising thing about this easy recipe is that it is made without eggs or dairy ingredients. Store these cupcake muffins them in a tin for adding to packed lunches during the week or wrap and freeze some for another day.
12-hole muffin or tart tray, 8 cupcake cases and mixing bowl
100g Doves Farm Organic Teff Flour
3 tsp Doves Farm Baking Powder
100g soft brown sugar
3 tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla extract
oil, for tray
190°C, Fan 170°C, 375°F, Gas 5
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Stand 8 cupcake cases in the holes of a muffin or tart tray.
- Measure the flour and baking powder into a bowl, stir to combine and sieve into a mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar and stir again.
- Cut 8 thin slices of banana and set them aside.
- Put the remaining banana, oil, water and vanilla extract into a kitchen blender and mix to a purée.
- Tip the prepared flour blend into the bowl and beat until smooth.
- Divide mixture between the prepared muffin cases.
- Lay a banana slice on the top of each cupcake muffin.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.