White Spelt Drop Scone Pancakes
About this recipe:
Delicious for breakfast or tea time, serve these spelt pancakes warm with fresh blueberries and drizzled with your favourite syrup, or spread with butter and honey.
frying pan and jug
150g Doves Farm Organic White Spelt Flour
25g icing sugar
1 tsp Doves Farm Baking Powder
2 large eggs
butter, for cooking
blueberries and syrup, for serving
- Sieve the flour, icing sugar and baking powder into a jug and stir to combine.
- Break the eggs into the jug, add half the milk and beat to a smooth paste.
- Stir in the remaining milk and beat to a smooth batter.
- Put a little butter into a frying pan over a medium heat, as it melts tip the pan so that the melted butter covers its surface.
- Pour some batter into the pan to make 10cm/4” circles and continue cooking over a medium heat.
- When bubbles appear on the surface and the base is golden, turn the pancakes over and cook the other side.
- Transfer the cooked pancakes to a plate.
- Repeat the cooking process with the remaining batter.
- Serve warm with blueberries and syrup.