- Dice the mushrooms into a large frying pan, add the oil and cook over medium heat.
- When the mushrooms have collapsed and any liquid has evaporated, tip them on to a plate.
- Put the buckwheat flour, chickpea flour, vegan milk, soy sauce, salt and pepper into a mixing bowl or jug and beat to make a smooth batter.
- Add the prepared mushrooms and stir to combine.
- Lightly oil the frying pan and get it nice and hot again.
- Pour some mixture into the hot pan to make 6x10cm/4” pancakes.
- When bubbles appear on the pancake and the top is set, turn the pancakes over and cook the other side.
- Lift cooked pancakes onto a plate and keep them warm while cooking the remainder.
- Stir the tahini and measure 50g into a mixing bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, water, pinch of caster sugar, salt and pepper and stir to make a smooth paste.
To Serve Mushroom Pancakes with Tahini Sauce
- Place three pancakes onto a plate with a spoon of tahini sauce between each layer.
- Drizzle remaining tahini sauce over the top pancake.
- Scatter the pomegranate seeds.
- Add fresh watercress or rocket and serve immediately.
Large non-stick frying pan and mixing bowls.