Buckwheat Mushroom Pancakes
- Finely dice the mushrooms into a large frying pan, add the oil and cook over a medium heat.
- When the mushrooms have collapsed and any liquid has evaporated, tip them onto a plate.
- Put the buckwheat flour, chickpea flour, vegan milk, soy sauce, salt and pepper into a mixing bowl or jug and beat to make a smooth batter.
- Add the prepared mushrooms and stir to combine.
- Put a little oil into a frying pan, roll it around to cover the surface and heat until the pan is nice and hot.
- Pour some mixture into the hot pan to make 10cm/4” pancake circles and cook over a medium heat.
- When bubbles appear on the pancake and the base is golden, turn the pancakes over and cook the other side.
- Transfer the cooked pancakes onto a plate and keep them warm while cooking the remainder.
- Stir the tahini and measure 50g into a mixing bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, water, caster sugar, salt and pepper and stir to make a smooth paste.
To Serve Buckwheat Mushroom Pancakes with Tahini sauce
- Lay out the pancakes on a clean work surface.
- Put a spoon of tahini sauce in the middle of each pancake.
- Drizzle the remaining tahini sauce over the top of the pancakes.
- Scatter the pomegranate seeds over the top.
- Serve immediately garnished with fresh watercress or rocket.