White Spelt Chocolate Chip Biscotti
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this recipe.
About this recipe:
Deliciously crunchy, chocolate chip biscuits made with White Spelt flour. A typical Italian treat, the name biscotti refers to the fact that these biscuits are baked twice.
large baking tray and 2 x mixing bowls
225g Doves Farm Organic White Spelt Flour
2 tsp Doves Farm Baking Powder
150g caster sugar
100g dark chocolate chips
1 tsp orange, grated rind
1 tsp vanilla extract
flour for dusting
butter, for tray
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Rub some butter around the inside of a large baking tray or insert a baking liner.
- Measure the flour and baking powder into a bowl, stir to combine and sieve into a mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar and chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Break the eggs into another bowl, finely grate the orange rind into the bowl, add the vanilla extract and beat everything together.
- Pour the mixture into the mixing bowl and stir into a soft, slightly sticky, dough.
- Dust the dough with flour, gather it into a ball and transfer it to the baking tray.
- Using your hands, shape the dough into a flat 10 x 25cm/4 x 10” rectangle.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Cut the biscotti into slices 1cm/⅜” thick.
- Lay out the slices on the baking tray and bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Turn them over and bake for a further 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- When cold store the biscotti in an airtight container.