Seedhouse Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this recipe.
About this recipe:
A great combination of Seedhouse Flour and chocolate these cookies are made using the icebox method. The frozen dough keeps well and means you can make as many or as few cookies on one, two or more baking sessions.
large baking tray, 2 x mixing bowls and parchment paper
200g Doves Farm Organic Seedhouse Bread Flour
½ tsp Doves Farm Bicarbonate of Soda
3 tbsp cocoa
150g soft brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
100g dark chocolate chips
oil, for tray
190°C, Fan 170°C, 375°F, Gas 5
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Rub some oil around the inside of a large baking tray or insert a baking liner.
- Measure the flour, bicarbonate of soda and cocoa into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Sieve the flour mixture into another bowl.
- Tip the seeds left in the sieve into the bowl and stir to re-combine.
- Chop the butter into cubes and put them in a mixing bowl.
- Add the brown sugar and beat with the butter until light and fluffy.
- Break the egg into the bowl, add the vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Add the flour blend and mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cut two pieces of parchment paper, gather the cookie dough together and put half the dough on each piece of paper.
- Using the paper for support roll the dough into a 5cm/2” in diameter.
- Wrap the paper around the dough cylinder and put it into the icebox or freezer for at least an hour until firm or for up to one month.
- When ready to bake, remove the cookie dough from the icebox and unwrap it.
- Cut the dough into 7mm/¼” thick slices.
- Transfer the slices to the prepared baking tray, making sure they keep their round shape.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on the baking tray for a few minutes before lifting them onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Store cold cookies in an airtight tin.