Wholemeal Spelt, Honey and Cinnamon Cookies
About this recipe:
Wholemeal Spelt flour combines with the natural sweetness of honey and the spicy, warming flavour of cinnamon to make these soft eating cookies a real treat.
2 x baking trays and mixing bowl
175g Doves Farm Organic Wholemeal Spelt Flour
½ tsp Doves Farm Baking Powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
100ml sunflower oil
oil, for trays
190°C, Fan 170°C, 375°F, Gas 5
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Rub some oil around the inside of a two baking trays or insert a baking liner.
- Measure the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a bowl, stir to combine then sieve into a mixing bowl.
- Tip any bran left in the sieve into the mixing bowl.
- Add the honey and oil and stir to make a thick batter.
- Take a good teaspoon of batter and place on the prepared baking trays. Repeat with the remaining batter, leaving space for expansion of the cookies.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.