White Rye Honey Loaf Cake
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this recipe.
About this recipe:
Soft inside and crusty on the outside. This cake is rested after baking to allow the honey flavour to develop.
500g/1lb loaf tin and 2 x mixing bowls
225g Doves Farm Organic White Rye Flour
½ tsp Doves Farm Bicarbonate of Soda
1 tsp mixed spice
100ml sunflower oil
oil, for tin
180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Rub some oil around the inside of a 500g/1lb loaf tin or insert a baking liner.
- Measure the flour, bicarbonate of soda and mixed spice into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Sieve the flour blend into a large mixing bowl.
- Break the eggs into the bowl and beat until combined.
- Add the oil and honey and beat until smooth.
- Tip the mixture into the bowl of flour and whisk until smooth and lump free.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin.
- Turn the cake out of the tin onto a wire rack.
- When the cake is completely cold, wrap it closely in kitchen foil and leave for 3-4 days before serving.