White Spelt and Buckwheat Galette Pancakes
About this recipe:
Made with white spelt and a little buckwheat flour these very moreish pancakes are great for a pancake celebration. Slightly more substantial than a crêpe pancake, these sweet galettes are delicious served simply with lemon and sugar, or a Caramelized Apple Filling.
large frying pan and mixing bowl
SPELT AND BUCKWHEAT GALETTE PANCAKES
150g Doves Farm Organic White Spelt Flour
50g Doves Farm Organic Wholemeal Buckwheat Flour
25g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
butter, for cooking
- Sieve the spelt flour, buckwheat flour and icing sugar into a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Break the eggs into the bowl, add half the milk and beat to a smooth paste.
- Stir in the remaining milk and vanilla extract to make a thin batter. You can use the batter immediately or refrigerate for up to 12 hours if you wish.
- Put a little butter into a frying pan over a medium heat, as it melts tip the pan so that the melted butter covers its surface.
- Stir the batter then spoon or pour some into the hot pan, rolling it out to the edges.
- Cook the galette on a medium heat for 2-3 minutes, loosening the edges, until the base is golden.
- Turn it over and cook the other side.
- Transfer the galettes onto a plate until you are ready to serve them.
- Repeat the cooking process until the batter is used.
- If making these ahead of time cover and chill the galettes for up to 24 hours.
- Re-heat the galettes for a few minutes in a lightly buttered frying pan or in a buttered dish in the oven until warmed through.
- Serve with wedges of fresh lemon and sugar.