Sugar Free Banana and Carrot Cake
About this recipe:
With the natural sweetness of banana and carrot this is a super sugar free cake. Small slices of this cake are great for little hands to hold and make an early year’s sugar free tea time treat. Topped with sliced fruit and a candle, this would make a great sugar free 1st Birthday cake. For a sweeter cake, simply add one or two tablespoons of honey when you mash the banana.
2lb/1kg loaf tin or 20cm/8” round tin, baking liner and mixing bowl
175g Doves Farm Self Raising White Flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
100g carrots, grated
1 ripe banana
1 tsp vanilla extract
75g unsalted butter, melted
butter, for tin
190°C, Fan 170°C, 375°F, Gas 5
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Rub some butter around the inside of a 20cm/8” deep round tin or insert a baking liner.
- Put the flour and cinnamon into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Finely grate the carrot into a mixing bowl.
- Add the banana and vanilla to the carrot and mash everything together.
- Break the egg into the bowl and beat until combined.
- Melt the butter and stir this in.
- Sieve the prepared flour into the bowl and mix everything together.
- Pour into the prepared tin and smooth the top.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes.