Rhubarb Dorset Window Pudding
About this recipe:
Half way between a cake and a pudding, this family favourite is an ideal bake throughout the rhubarb season. Serve cold sliced with a cup of coffee or serve warm with cream.
18 x 28cm/7 x 11” ovenproof dish and mixing bowl
100g caster sugar
100g Doves Farm Organic Self Raising White Flour
3 tbsp milk
1 tbsp demerara sugar
butter, for dish
180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Rub a little butter around the inside of an 18 x 28cm/7 x 11” ovenproof dish.
- Chop the butter into small cubes.
- Put the butter cubes and caster sugar into a mixing bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- Break the egg into the mixing bowl and beat well.
- Add the flour and milk and stir until combined.
- Tip the mixture into the dish and smooth the top.
- Wash, dry and slice the rhubarb into 3cm/1¼” lengths.
- Distribute the rhubarb pieces across the sponge, gently pressing them in.
- Sprinkle the demerara sugar over the top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.