Pear Frangipane Cake
About this recipe:
Serve this pear frangipane cake cold with a cup of coffee or serve warm with cream or custard as a dessert.
20cm/8” round cake tin and mixing bowl
100g caster sugar
100g Doves Farm Organic Self Raising White Flour
2 tbsp lime juice
100g ground almonds
3 ripe pears
1 tbsp demerara sugar
butter, for tin
190°C, Fan 170°C, 375°F, Gas 5
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Rub some butter around the inside of a 20cm/8” round cake tin or insert a baking liner.
- Chop the butter into small cubes.
- Put the butter cubes and sugar into a mixing bowl and beat together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Sieve the flour into the bowl and mix well.
- Add the lime juice and ground almonds and stir to combine.
- Tip the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the top.
- Peel, core and slice the pears and arrange them over the top of the cake.
- Scatter the demerara sugar over the top.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes.