Teff Flour Vegan Spinach Fritters
About this recipe:
These egg free, lightly spiced fritters make a tasty lunch or supper dish. Serve them as part of your meal, on their own with tomato sauce for a tasty snack or popped into a White Spelt Burger Bun Rolls.
frying pan, kitchen paper, baking tray and 2 x mixing bowls
100g spinach, chopped
100g potato, grated
2 garlic cloves
120g Doves Farm Organic Teff Flour
1 tbsp coriander, ground
2 tsp cumin, ground
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
oil, for pan
- Line a baking tray with a few pieces of kitchen paper and set aside.
- Wash and finely chop the spinach into a mixing bowl.
- Grate the potato into the bowl.
- Dice the garlic and chili, add them to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Put the flour, coriander, cumin, salt, pepper and water into another bowl and stir into a thick paste.
- Add the paste to the prepared spinach and potato and mix well.
- Put some oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Carefully add spoonful’s of the spinach mixture and cook over a medium heat until the base is golden, about 5-6 minutes depending on the heat.
- Turn the fritters over and cook on the other side, about another 5-6 minutes.
- Remove cooked fritters to the prepared baking tray, cover and keep warm until serving.
- Repeat with any remaining mix.