Oat Flour Vanilla Icebox Cookies
About this recipe:
Make this Oat Flour dough in advance, wrap and keep it in the freezer so that you can quickly bake these fresh fragrant cookies whenever you wish.
2 x baking trays, 2 x large mixing bowls and greaseproof or parchment paper
200g Doves Farm Organic Oat Flour
2 tsp Doves Farm Baking Powder
100g dark brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
oil, for baking trays
180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4
Preparing Icebox Cookie Dough
- Measure the flour and baking powder into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Chop the butter into cubes and put them into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar and beat until creamy.
- Break the egg into the bowl, add the vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Add the oat flour to the bowl and stir into a slightly sticky dough.
- Transfer the dough to a piece of greaseproof or parchment paper, shape, roll and wrap it into 23cm/9” cylinder.
- Put the dough cylinder into the icebox or freezer until firm or until required.
Baking Icebox Cookies
- Pre-heat the oven 20 minutes before you are going to bake.
- Take the frozen dough out of the freezer 20 minutes before you are going to bake.
- Rub some oil around the inside of two baking trays or insert a baking liner.
- When the dough has softened a little, unwrap it.
- Cut the dough into 7mm/¼” thick slices.
- Transfer the slices to the prepared baking trays, making sure they keep their round shape.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on the baking tray for 3 minutes before lifting them onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Store cold cookies in an airtight tin.