Brown Rice Fruity Coconut Cakes
About this recipe:
These fruity coconut cakes are made without refined sugar, using the fruit and honey as a natural sweetener. Enjoy these guilt-free treats in your lunch box or as part of afternoon tea.
large baking tray, mixing bowl or kitchen blender
100g Doves Farm Organic Brown Rice Flour
1 tsp Doves Farm Baking Powder
2 tsp grated orange rind
4 tbsp orange juice
3 tbsp oil
2 tbsp honey
100g desiccated coconut
1 red apple
oil, for tray
170°C, Fan 150°C, 325°F, Gas 3
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Rub some oil around the inside of a large baking tray or insert a baking liner.
- Put the flour and baking powder into a bowl, stir to combine and set aside.
- Put the banana into a mixing bowl or kitchen blender bowl and mash it into a purée.
- Grate the orange rind into the bowl and add the orange juice.
- Add the oil, honey, and egg and beat or blend together until smooth.
- Mix in the prepared flour.
- Stir in the coconut.
- Spoon into 15 piles on the prepared baking tray.
- Cut the apple into quarters and remove the core. Cut each quarter into four slices and press a slice on the top of each cake.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.