Cherry and Almond Teff Cupcake Muffins
About this recipe:
These nutty, fruity, moist and delicious cupcake muffins are made with Teff Flour and are also great if you are trying to avoid gluten.
12-hole cake or muffin tray, cupcake cases, kitchen blender and mixing bowl
75g glace cherries
100g Doves Farm Organic Teff Flour
3 tsp Doves Farm Baking Powder
100g caster sugar
50g ground almonds
4 tbsp water
1 tbsp flaked almonds
190°C, Fan170°C, 375°F, Gas 5
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Quarter, wash and dry the cherries.
- Stand 6 cupcake cases in the holes of a muffin or tart tray.
- Measure the flour and baking powder into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the sugar and ground almonds and stir again.
- Break the egg into the bowl of a kitchen blender, add the oil and water and pulse until smooth.
- Sieve flour blend into the bowl of a kitchen blend and pulse until smooth.
- Stir in the cherries.
- Divide mixture between the prepared muffin cases.
- Scatter a few flaked almonds on the top of each cupcake muffin.
- Bake for 20 -25 minutes.