Oat Flour Drop Scone Pancakes
About this recipe:
These classic oat flour drop scones are super for serving warm with raspberry jam or syrup for a hearty breakfast or tea time treat. This recipe uses vegan milk making the scones dairy free but this can be swapped for any kind of milk or fruit juice. Savoury dishes, such as a hearty stew, would also pair well with warm oat flour drop scones.
2 x mixing bowls and frying pan
150g Doves Farm Organic Oat Flour
1 tsp Doves Farm Bicarbonate of Soda
200ml vegan milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
oil, for pan
raspberry jam or syrup, to serve
- Put the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl, stir to combine and sieve into a mixing bowl.
- Measure the milk into another bowl, add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Tip the milk into the mixing bowl and beat to a smooth paste. This batter is best used immediately.
- Lightly oil a frying pan so that the oil just covers the surface and the pan is nice and hot.
- Spoon or pour some batter into the hot pan to make a 10cm/4” drop scone pancake.
- Cook the pancake on a medium heat for 2-3 minutes, loosening the edges, until the base is golden.
- Turn it over and cook the other side for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn out the pancake onto a warm plate.
- Repeat until the batter is used. If the batter seems very thick towards the end, stir in a teaspoon of vegan milk before making the last pancake.
- Serve warm with jam or syrup.