Coconut Flour Bread Rolls
About this recipe:
Ideal to accompany soup or for the lunchbox these super rolls are also good for low carb diets.
baking tray and 3 x mixing bowls
50g Doves Farm Organic Coconut Flour
1 tsp Doves Farm Baking Powder
½ tsp xanthan gum
50g mozzarella, finely grated
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp white vinegar
1 tbsp sesame seeds
oil, for baking tray
150°C, Fan 130°C, 300°F, Gas 2
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Rub some oil around the inside of a baking tray or insert a baking liner.
- Put the coconut flour, baking powder and xanthan gum into a bowl, stir to combine and sieve into another bowl.
- Break the eggs separating the whites into a large bowl and two yolks into two separate bowls.
- Beat the egg whites until very stiff.
- Add the grated mozzarella, oil and vinegar to the first two yolks and beat until smooth.
- Tip this onto the egg whites and, using a metal spoon, gently cut and fold the mixture a couple of times. You want to keep the air in the egg whites so no need to combine thoroughly.
- Sprinkle the prepared flour mixture over the top and gently cut and fold this in too.
- Spoon the mixture into 4 piles on the prepared baking tray.
- Gently smooth the top of the rolls with your hand.
- Brush the remaining yolks over the top of the rolls.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Transfer the rolls to a wire rack to cool.