Coconut Flour Drop Scone Pancakes
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this recipe.
About this recipe:
Serve these delicious fluffy coconut flour drop scone pancakes warm with your favourite syrup or serve cold topped with smashed avocado for a low carb savoury treat. As they can be a little delicate while cooking, we recommend cooking only a couple at a time in a non-stick frying pan.
large non-stick frying pan and 2 x mixing bowls
25g Doves Farm Organic Coconut Flour
1 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tsp Doves Farm Baking Powder
½ tsp xanthan gum
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp vanilla extract
oil, for frying pan
- Measure the flour, coconut sugar, baking powder and xanthan gum into a mixing bowl, stir to combine and sieve into another bowl.
- Break the eggs into the mixing bowl, add the milk, oil and vanilla extract and whisk until fully combined.
- Add the flour blend to the bowl and beat until the batter starts to thicken.
- Lightly oil a non-stick frying pan so that the oil just covers the surface and put it over a gentle heat.
- Drop tablespoons of the batter into the pan and spread the mixture out to make 10cm/4” wide circles.
- Cook over a gentle heat until the pancake is set and the base is dark gold, about 4-5 minutes.
- Very carefully turn the pancake over and cook the other side for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the pancake onto a warm plate.
- Repeat until the batter is used.
- Serve warm or cold.