Buckwheat Griddle Cake Pancakes
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this recipe.
About this recipe:
Traditionally cooked on a hot griddle these yeasted pancakes are easily cooked in a frying pan. Delicious served warm or toasted for breakfast or at tea time.
large frying pan, measuring jug and mixing bowl
300ml warm water
1 tsp black treacle
200g Doves Farm Organic Wholemeal Buckwheat Flour
1 tsp Doves Farm Quick Yeast
50g butter, melted
oil, for pan
maple syrup, for serving
- Measure the warm water into a jug, add the treacle and mix until dissolved.
- Put the flour, yeast and sugar into a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the treacle liquid and beat to a smooth batter.
- Cover and leave the batter to stand in a warm place for at least 2 hours or up to 12 hours.
- Melt the butter.
- Put a little oil into a large frying pan, roll it around to cover the surface and heat until nice and hot.
- Gently stir the melted butter into the buckwheat batter.
- Pour batter into the pan to make 10cm/4” circles and cook over a medium heat.
- When bubbles appear on the surface and the base is golden, turn the griddle cakes over and cook the other side.
- Transfer cooked griddle cakes to a warm plate.
- Repeat until the batter is used.
- Serve warm with maple syrup.