Wholemeal Khorasan Brioche
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this recipe.
About this recipe:
The pale, creamy colour of Wholemeal Khorasan flour is ideal for making this wholemeal brioche bread. If you don’t have a fluted brioche tin, you can use a loaf tin.
3 x mixing bowls and brioche tin
250g Doves Farm Organic Wholemeal Khorasan Flour
25g caster sugar
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp Doves Farm Quick Yeast
175ml tepid milk
butter, for tin
flour, for dusting
200°C, Fan 180°C, 400°F, Gas 6
- Put the flour, sugar and salt into the bowl and stir to combine.
- Chop the butter into small cubes.
- Add the butter cubes to the bowl and using a fork or pastry blender, mix until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the quick yeast.
- Break the egg into another bowl, add the milk and beat together.
- Add this to the flour bowl and stir gently to form a sticky dough.
- Invert a larger mixing bowl over the dough bowl and leave in a warm place until it has grown in size, about 2 hours.
- Gather the sticky dough into a ball with floured hands and place it on a flour dusted work surface.
- Dust the dough lightly with flour and knead for 100 presses without adding flour.
- Invert a larger mixing bowl over the dough bowl and leave in a warm place for the dough to double in size, about 1-2 hours.
- Rub some butter around the inside of a brioche tin.
- Gather the dough into a ball with floured hands and place it on a flour dusted work surface.
- Gently pull and extend the dough then fold it back onto itself 5 times.
- Shape the dough and lift it into the brioche tin.
- Invert a large mixing bowl over the brioche and leave in a warm place for an hour.
- Pre-heat the oven 20 minutes before baking.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.