Wholemeal Viennese Finger Biscuits
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this recipe.
About this recipe:
A wholemeal version of these melt in the mouth biscuits which are sometimes known as melting moments. An icing bag and large star shaped nozzle are used to pipe out the dough, creating the characteristic ridges of these impressive biscuit fingers. Dipping the biscuit tips in good quality plain or milk chocolate is the final touch.
large baking tray, 2 x mixing bowls and parchment paper
WHOLEMEAL VIENNESE FINGER BISCUITS
100g Doves Farm Organic Fine Plain Wholemeal Flour
50g Doves Farm Organic Cornflour
50g icing sugar
2 tsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
200°C, Fan 180°C, 400°F, Gas 6
- Pre heat the oven.
- Line a large baking tray with a baking liner or parchment paper.
- Measure the flour and cornflour into a bowl, stir to combine and sieve the mixture into another bowl. Tip anything left in the sieve back into the bowl and stir to re-combine.
- Chop the butter into cubes and put them into a mixing bowl.
- Add the icing sugar and beat together until very smooth.
- Spoon half of the flour blend into the bowl and beat until combined.
- Add the milk and vanilla extract and beat again.
- Tip the remaining flour into the bowl and beat until smooth.
- Scoop the mixture into a piping bag with a star shaped nozzle.
- Pipe 75mm/3” lengths onto the baking tray, leaving space between each.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the tray.
- When completely cold carefully transfer the biscuits to a sheet of parchment paper.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces.
- Heat the chocolate until it just starts to collapse.
- Remove the chocolate from the heat and stir gently until it is all melted.
- Dip both ends of each biscuit into the chocolate, allow any excess to drip off.
- Return the fingers to the parchment paper and leave until the chocolate has completely set.
- Store the Viennese fingers in a tin.