Brown Rice Flour Cheddar Cheese Biscuits
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this recipe.
About this recipe:
Deliciously moreish cheddar cheese biscuits, made using our Brown Rice Flour. Perfect on their own or great at parties.
large baking tray, 2 x mixing bowls and greaseproof or parchment paper
100G Doves Farm Organic Brown Rice Flour
1 tsp Doves Farm Baking Powder
⅛ tsp salt
⅛ tsp pepper
75g salted butter
75g vintage cheddar
3 tbsp milk
butter, for baking tray
paprika, for sprinkling
190°C, Fan 170°C, 375°F, Gas 5
- Measure the flour into a bowl, add the baking powder, salt, pepper and stir to combine.
- Chop the butter into small cubes and put them into a large mixing bowl.
- Sieve the flour over the top.
- Coarsely grate the cheddar into the bowl.
- Using a fork or pastry blender work everything together until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the milk and stir to make a slightly sticky dough.
- Transfer the dough to a piece of greaseproof or parchment paper, shape, roll and wrap it into 23cm/9” cylinder.
- Put the dough cylinder into the icebox or freezer until firm or until required.
Cheddar Cheese Biscuits
- Pre-heat the oven 20 minutes before you are going to bake.
- Take the frozen dough out of the freezer 20 minutes before you are going to bake.
- Rub some butter around the inside of a large baking tray or insert a baking liner.
- When the dough has softened a little, unwrap it.
- Cut the dough into 3mm ⅛” thick slices.
- Transfer the slices to the prepared baking tray, making sure they keep their round shape.
- Sprinkle a tiny pinch of paprika to the top of each biscuit.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool the biscuits on the baking tray for 3 minutes before lifting them onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Store cold biscuits in an airtight tin.