Wholemeal Spelt, Stilton and Walnut Scones
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this recipe.
About this recipe:
Wholemeal Spelt flour compliments the walnuts and stilton cheese in these tasty scones that definitely stand out from the crowd.
mixing bowl and oven tray
25g walnuts, chopped
150g Doves Farm Organic Wholemeal Spelt Flour
1 tbsp light brown sugar
4 tsp Doves Farm Baking Powder
150ml natural yoghurt
oil, for tray
- Preheat the oven.
- Scatter the chopped walnuts on a baking tray and bake for 5 minutes.
- Measure the flour, sugar and baking powder and sugar into a bowl stir to combine and sift into another bowl. Tip any bran left in the sieve back into the bowl and stir again.
- Add the yoghurt and stir together to make a soft mass of dough.
- Mix in the walnuts.
- Divide the dough into 8 and roll each into a ball.
- Rub some oil around the inside of the baking tray or insert a baking liner.
- Transfer the dough balls to the baking tray and press each lightly with the palm of your hand.
- Cut the stilton into 1cm/⅜ inch cubes and press them onto the top of the scones.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes.