Wholemeal Rhubarb and Strawberry Crumble
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this recipe.
About this recipe:
The complimentary summer flavours of rhubarb and strawberry combine with wholemeal flour, to make this a winning pudding that will have people asking for seconds.
1 large or 2 smaller oven dishes and 2 x mixing bowls
RHUBARB AND STRAWBERRY BASE
3 tbsp water
150g caster sugar
300g Doves Farm Organic Fine Plain Wholemeal Flour
200g soft brown sugar
200g butter or vegan butter
2 tbsp porridge oats
180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Chop the rhubarb into 2cm/¾” lengths and put it into a large oven dish or two smaller ones.
- Quarter the strawberries and add them to the dish.
- Add the water.
- Sprinkle over the sugar and stir to combine.
- Put the flour and brown sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Slice the butter into small cubes, add them to the bowl and using a fork, roughly mix it into the flour to create lumpy ‘breadcrumbs.
- Tip the mixture over the prepared fruit.
- Scatter the oats over the top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.