Digestive and Almond Crust
- Spread the ground almonds out on a baking tray and toast or roast them for 5-10 minutes until they are lightly golden, shaking the tray after 3-4 minutes.
- Rub some butter around the inside of an 8”/20cm round dish or loose-bottomed tin.
- Crush the biscuits into fine crumbs, add the toasted almonds and stir to combine.
- Gently melt the butter and chocolate.
- Add this to the biscuit crumb and almond mixture and stir to combine.
- Tip the mixture into the prepared dish and smooth the top.
- Chill the biscuit base.
Chocolate Torte Filling
- Gently melt the chocolate until just runny.
- Stir in the amaretto or orange juice and golden syrup.
- Put the cream into a large bowl and beat until thick.
- Add the melted chocolate to the bowl and stir until combined.
- Tip the mixture onto the prepared biscuit base and smooth the top.
- Chill for at least an hour before serving.
8”/20cm round dish or loose-bottomed tin, baking tray and mixing bowls.