Wholemeal Banana Bread
About this recipe:
Here is our original, every day, Banana Bread recipe. This family favourite is ideal when you have one over-ripe banana and requires only one egg. This banana cake will keep well when wrapped in tin foil or stored in an airtight container.
500g/1lb loaf tin and 2 x mixing bowls
1 ripe banana
½ tsp vanilla extract
100g brown sugar
125g Doves Farm Organic Self Raising Wholemeal Flour
1 tsp icing sugar
butter, for tin
190°C, Fan 170°C, 375°F, Gas 5
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Rub some butter around the inside of a 500g/1lb loaf tin or insert a loaf liner.
- Mash the banana, egg and vanilla extract together.
- Chop the butter into small cubes.
- Put the butter cubes into another mixing bowl, add the sugar and beat well.
- Add the banana mixture and beat again.
- Mix in the flour.
- Tip the mixture into the prepared tin, smooth the top and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Leave the cake to cool in the tin.
- When cold, sieve the icing sugar over the cake and serve.