White Spelt, Pistachio and Lime Bundt Cake
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this recipe.
About this recipe:
This cake is baked in a shaped silicone or metal bundt tin, which creates a stunning appearance which would be lovely for any special occasion.
Metal or silicone Bundt tin and 2 x mixing bowls
PISTACHIO BUNDT CAKE
150g Doves Farm Organic White Spelt Flour
½ tsp Doves Farm Bicarbonate of Soda
150g caster sugar
3 tbsp lime, grated rind
2 tbsp milk
2 tbsp lime juice
oil, for tin
PISTCAHIO AND LIME ICING
2 tbsp pistachios
2 tbsp lime juice
125g icing sugar
180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4
Pistachio Bundt Cake
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Rub some oil around the inside of a metal bundt tin or silicone mould.
- Measure the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl, stir to combine and sieve into another bowl.
- Put the pistachios into a kitchen blender and pulse until they are the size of ground almonds.
- Chop the butter into cubes and put them into a mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar and beat together until smooth.
- Finely grate the lime into the bowl.
- Break the eggs into the bowl, one at a time, ensuring each is well incorporated before adding the next.
- Tip the flour into the bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the milk and stir again.
- Transfer the ground pistachios to the mixing bowl, add the lime juice and mix well.
- Tip the mixture into the bundt tin or mould and smooth the top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the sponge springs back when touched.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 20 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
Pistachio and Lime Icing
- Chop the pistachios.
- Squeeze the lime juice.
- Measure the icing sugar into a bowl, add some of the lime juice and stir to combine.
- Continue adding lime juice and stirring until the icing is just runny enough to pour.
- Pour the icing over the top of the cold cake allowing it to run down the sides.
- Scatter the chopped pistachios over the top of the cake.
- Allow the icing to set before serving.