Lemon Cheesecake with Digestive Biscuit Base
About this recipe:
This simple yet classic cheesecake is always a winner! Serve it with a twist of lemon or few seasonal berries such as strawberries or blackberries. Made using our organic digestive biscuits, you can also adapt this recipe with oranges or limes to add a new dimension to your cheesecake.
18cm/7” round dish or loose-bottomed tin and mixing bowl
DIGESTIVE BISCUIT BASE
200g Doves Farm Organic Wholemeal Digestive Biscuits
butter, for dish
2 lemons, rind and juice
400g cream cheese, full fat
2 tbsp golden syrup or honey
lemon zest, for serving
Digestive Biscuit Base
- Rub some butter around the inside of a 18cm/7” round dish or loose-bottomed tin.
- Crush the biscuits into fine crumbs.
- Gently melt the butter.
- Add the butter to the crushed biscuit crumb and mix well.
- Tip the mixture into the prepared dish and smooth the top.
- Chill the biscuit base.
- Cut a thin twisted strip of lemon zest and save for serving.
- Put the cream cheese and golden syrup or honey into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Finely grate the lemon rind into the bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, one lemon at a time, beating until smooth.
- Tip the mixture onto the prepared biscuit base, spreading it out evenly.
- Using a fork, make swirls on the top of the cheesecake.
- Chill for at least a couple of hours before serving.
- Add the twisted lemon zest and serve.