No reviews yet. Be the first to review this recipe.
About this recipe:
Sponge Fingers are the all-important ingredient for this classic Italian dessert.
2 x mixing bowls and serving dish
250g double cream
100g icing sugar
25g plain chocolate
75g sponge fingers
150ml black coffee, cold
2 tbsp coffee liqueur, optional
1 tbsp cocoa
- Put the cream and mascarpone into a bowl and beat until it thickens slightly.
- Sieve the icing sugar into the bowl and beat to combine.
- Grate the chocolate into a small bowl.
- Break the sponge fingers into two or three pieces.
- Measure the cold coffee and liqueur into another bowl.
- Add the sponge finger pieces to the coffee bowl turning them so they are all lightly infused with coffee.
- Place half of the coffee infused sponge fingers in the bottom of a serving dish.
- Cover with half of the cream mixture.
- Sprinkle half the grated chocolate over the cream.
- Arrange the remaining sponge fingers on top of the cream.
- Spread the remaining cream over the tiramisu.
- Sieve the cocoa over the cream.
- Scatter the remaining grated chocolate over the top.
- Chill for a couple of hours or up to 24 hours before serving.