Teff Chocolate Brownie Traybake
About this recipe:
A sophisticated version of the classic chocolate brownie made with teff flour. Enjoy brownies with a lovely cup of tea or coffee or as a treat at the end of a meal. Brownies make a great dessert, served just as they are or with some ice cream.
18 x 23cm/7 x 9” baking tray, mixing bowl and saucepan
75g plain chocolate
100g Doves Farm Organic Teff Flour
1 tsp Doves Farm Baking Powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
oil, for tray
WHITE CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE
25g white chocolate
180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Rub some oil around an 18 x 23cm/7 x 9” baking tray.
- Break up the chocolate and melt it gently with the butter.
- Put the flour, baking powder and sugar into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the egg, milk and vanilla extract and beat well.
- Tip the melted chocolate and butter into the mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tray and smooth the top.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Leave to cool in the tray then cut into 15 squares.
White Chocolate Drizzle
- Heat the cream until warm to the touch.
- Remove from the heat, add the white chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Spoon or pour the chocolate drizzle over the brownie squares in a zig zag action.