No reviews yet. Be the first to review this recipe.
About this recipe:
A festive favourite recipe, bursting with Christmas flavour. These Stollen Bites are made using our Strong White Bread Flour and make the perfect festive treat, or homemade Christmas gift.
2 x mixing bowls and large baking tray
1 tsp orange, grated rind
25g candied peel
1 tbsp currants
2 tbsp rum
1 tsp vanilla extract
200g Doves Farm Organic Strong White Flour
75g caster sugar
1 tsp Doves Farm Quick Yeast
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp allspice
⅛ tsp nutmeg
1 tbsp oil
1 egg yolk
50g butter for brushing
25g icing sugar
flour for dusting
butter, for tray
- Finely grate the orange rind into a bowl.
- Add the sultanas, candied peel, currants, rum and vanilla extract and mix together.
- Measure the flour, sugar, yeast, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg into a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Put the milk, oil and egg yolk into another bowl and mix together thoroughly.
- Pour the milky mixture onto the flour, add the soaking fruits and stir until everything is combined in a dough.
- Cover with a large upturned bowl and leave in a warm place for about 1 hour.
- Divide the marzipan into twenty pieces and roll each into a ball.
- Rub some butter around the inside of a large baking tray or insert a baking liner.
- Lightly dust the work top with flour.
- Gather together the dough, put it on the floured surface and lightly dust it with flour.
- Cut the dough into twenty pieces.
- Take each piece of dough, flatten it with your fingers and put a marzipan ball in the middle.
- Draw the dough around the marzipan and pinch to seal.
- Place the dough balls on the baking tray with the seal at the bottom.
- Cover with a clean tea towel and leave to rise for 60 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven 20 minutes before you are going to bake.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes until very lightly golden.
- Remove the stollen bites from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Gently melt the butter.
- Transfer the stollen bites to a mixing bowl, sprinkle the melted butter over the top and stir gently until all the butter has been absorbed. Return the stollen bites to a wire rack to cool.
- Measure the icing sugar into a clean mixing bowl.
- Add the stollen bites and stir until they are covered in icing sugar.
- Store the stollen bites in a tin.