White Spelt Scones
About this recipe:
Cut these scones into rustic triangles or use small round cutters for a more traditional shape and look
large baking tray and mixing bowl
250g Doves Farm Organic White Spelt Flour
2 tbsp Doves Farm Baking Powder
pinch of salt
2 tbsp runny honey
2 tbsp olive oil
flour, for dusting
220°C, Fan 200°C, 425°F, Gas 7
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Dust a baking tray with flour.
- Measure the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl, stir to combine and sieve into a mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle the honey and oil over the flour and use a fork to blend them until the mixtures looks like breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the milk and bring everything together to form a soft slightly sticky dough.
- Turn out the dough onto a flour dusted surface and gently press into a 25x12cm/10×5” rectangle.
- Cut this into two 12cm/5” squares, then cut each square into four triangles.
- Transfer the triangles to the prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.