Pumpkin and Carrot Soup with Dumplings
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this recipe.
About this recipe:
A lightly spiced hearty pumpkin and carrot soup with easy to make dumplings makes a heart-warming supper dish. Both the soup and the dumplings can be made in advance then added to the soup when you are nearly ready to eat. For vegetarian or vegan dumplings use vegetarian or vegan suet.
mixing bowl and large saucepan
PUMPKIN AND CARROT SOUP
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp ground coriander
½ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp turmeric
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1 lt water or stock
150g Doves Farm Organic Self Raising White Flour
75g prepared suet
1 tsp dried parsley
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
Pumpkin and Carrot Soup
- Finely dice the onions and garlic.
- Chop the pumpkin and carrot into 1cm cubes.
- Measure the oil into a saucepan and put it over a medium heat.
- Tip the onion into the pan and fry gently for a minute.
- Add the diced garlic, chopped pumpkin and carrot and stir over a medium heat
- Sprinkle the coriander, cinnamon, cumin, turmeric, salt and pepper into the pan and mix well.
- Add the water or stock, cover and cook over a gentle heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and puree the soup with a stick blender.
- Measure the flour, suet, parsley, salt and pepper into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the water and stir to make a slightly soft and sticky dough.
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces and lightly roll each piece into a ball.
- Bring the soup or stock to the boil and gently add the dumplings.
- Continue to boil gently for 20-25 minutes.