No reviews yet. Be the first to review this recipe.
About this recipe:
A delicate tart celebrating the distinctive seasonal taste of fresh asparagus.
20cm/8” round baking dish or tin and 2 x mixing bowls
100g Doves Farm Organic Plain White Flour
pinch of salt
4 tbsp cold water
butter, for dish
flour, for dusting
ASPARAGUS QUICHE FILLING
250g fromage frais
salt and pepper
200g asparagus (ends removed)
180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Rub some butter around a 20cm/8” round baking dish or tin, or insert a baking liner.
- Put the flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Chop the butter into small cubes and add these to the bowl.
- Using a fork or pastry blender, work the butter cubes into the flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in enough water to bring together a soft ball of dough.
- Dust the work surface with flour, put the dough in the middle and sprinkle it with more flour.
- Roll the pastry out into a circle, 5cm/2” larger than your dish, and lift it into the dish OR simply press the dough into the dish using your fingers.
- Cut away any pastry that hangs over the edge of your dish.
Asparagus Quiche Filling
- Break the eggs into a mixing bowl and beat well.
- Stir in the fromage frais, season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the pastry case.
- Lay the asparagus over the top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.