Oat Flour, Fruit and Nut Energy Bars
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this recipe.
About this recipe:
Packed with dried fruits, no sugar is needed in these energy bars which make a great snack, anytime treat or packed lunch addition. You can use smooth or crunchy peanut butter in these bars although cashew butter and almond butter are also very good.
20 x 20cm/8 x 8” baking tray, mixing bowl and kitchen blender
100g dates, de-stoned
50g dried apricots
¼ tsp Doves Farm Bicarbonate of Soda
150ml boiling water
100g peanut butter
4 tbsp oil
50g Doves Farm Organic Oat Flour
2 tsp cinnamon
25g desiccated coconut
180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4
- Pre heat the oven.
- Rub oil around the inside of a 20x20cm/8×8” baking tray or insert a baking liner.
- Roughly chop the dates and apricots into a bowl.
- Sprinkle bicarbonate of soda over the top, add the boiling water, roughly mash the fruit, and leave for 30 minutes.
- Measure the peanut butter, oil, oat flour and cinnamon into a kitchen blender.
- Pulse to mix well.
- Tip the soaking fruit and any remaining liquid into the blender and add the raisins and coconut.
- Pulse to combine leaving small pieces of fruit.
- Tip into the prepared tray and smooth the top.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, cut into slices, and leave to cool in the tray.