White Spelt and Pecan Cookies
About this recipe:
These buttery, crunchy cookies are baked with white spelt flour and crowned with pecans.
2 x baking trays and 2 x mixing bowls
115g Doves Farm Organic White Spelt Flour
¼ tsp Doves Farm Bicarbonate of Soda
75g caster sugar
12 pecan nuts
butter, for trays
190°C, Fan 170°C, 375°F, Gas 5
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Rub some butter around the inside of two baking trays or insert a baking liner.
- Measure the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a mixing bowl, stir to combine then sieve into another bowl.
- Chop the butter into small cubes.
- Put the butter cubes into a mixing bowl, add the sugar and beat together until light and fluffy.
- Sieve the prepared flour into the bowl and stir to make a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 12 piles and roll each into a ball.
- Place the dough balls onto the prepared baking trays.
- Flatten the dough balls gently with the back of a fork and press a pecan nut into the top of each one.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.