Wholemeal Khorasan Shortbread Biscuits
About this recipe:
Slow baked with tasty, whole grain Khorasan flour these classic shortbread biscuits are delicious eaten on their own, or with a hot drink or can make an intriguing and elegant addition to a special creamy dessert.
18cm/7″ round cake tin and mixing bowl
125g demerara sugar
175g Doves Farm Organic Wholemeal Khorasan Flour
1 tbsp caster sugar
butter, for cake tin
150°C, Fan 130°C, 300°F, Gas 2
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Rub a little butter around the inside of an 18cm/7″ round cake tin.
- Chop the butter into small cubes.
- Put the butter cubes and demerara sugar into a bowl and beat them together until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the flour.
- Using your hands gather the mix together to form a smooth ball of dough.
- Press the dough into the prepared tin, smooth the top and sprinkle with caster sugar.
- Using a fork, prick holes in each dough triangle, pressing through to the base of the tin.
- Cut across the tin several times to form 12 triangles.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and gently cut through the triangles and lightly prick the top again.
- Leave in the tin until cold.