Buckwheat Flour, Honey and Prune Loaf Cake
About this recipe:
Full of wholemeal goodness, a slice of this loaf cake is delicious on its own or spread with a little butter. Enjoy it as a breakfast time treat, pop a slice in your lunchbox or serve with a cup of tea.
500g/1lb bread tin, food processor and 2 x mixing bowls
100g Doves Farm Organic Wholemeal Buckwheat Flour
1 tsp Doves Farm Bicarbonate of Soda
3 tbsp oil
½ orange, rind and juice
1 tbsp demerara sugar
oil, for tin
180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Rub some oil around the inside of a 500g/1lb bread tin or insert a baking liner.
- Chop the prunes into quarters.
- Measure the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Put the oil, egg, yoghurt and honey into a large bowl or food processor.
- Finely grate the orange into the bowl, squeeze the juice into the bowl and beat everything together.
- Sieve the prepared flour into the bowl and beat well.
- Stir in the chopped prunes.
- Tip into the prepared tin and smooth the top.
- Sprinkle the demerara sugar over the top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. If a cocktail stick pressed into the centre of the cake, comes out clean it is cooked.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes then gently turn out the cake onto a wire rack and leave to cool.