Chickpea Flour Almond Fudge Balls
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this recipe.
About this recipe:
These wholesome fudgy sweet treats have Indian heritage and are sometimes known as ladoo or laddu. For those who wish to avoid nuts, they are also delicious when made with desiccated coconut.
large baking tray, saucepan and mixing bowl
100g Doves Farm Organic Chickpea Flour
50g ground almonds
75g coconut sugar
pinch of ground cardamom
3 tbsp milk
icing sugar, for decoration
180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Spread the flour out on a large baking tray and bake for 12–15 minutes until lightly toasted and golden.
- Remove from the oven and tip the flour into a mixing bowl.
- Scatter the ground almonds over the tray and bake for 8–10 minutes until lightly toasted.
- Remove from the oven and add to the mixing bowl.
- Put the butter into a saucepan and heat until melted.
- Add the sugar and cardamom, toasted flour and almonds and stir to combine.
- Cook over a gentle heat for 5 minutes stirring regularly.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the milk, stirring to make a soft warm dough.
- Divide the dough into twenty small pieces and roll each into a ball.
- Sieve the icing sugar over the balls so that they are coated.
- Serve the ladoo almond balls in mini paper cases.
- Store in an airtight tin.