How to Make Dried Breadcrumbs
About this recipe:
Use dried breadcrumbs for topping a variety of dishes and for making Southern Style Fried Chicken.
bowl, blender, sterilized jar or airtight tin and baking tray
white bread OR wholemeal bread
180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4
- Pre-heat the oven,
- Slice off the bread crusts, save large pieces for toasting and dispose of the rest.
- Cut the bread into slices and then into chunks.
- Using your fingers break the chunks into crumbs or put the bread into a blender and pulse until an even crumb size is reached.
- Spread the fresh breadcrumbs out on a baking tray.
- Bake until golden, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the tray.
- Store dried breadcrumbs in a sterilized jar or airtight tin for up to a month.