Olive and Parmesan Bites
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this recipe.
About this recipe:
These succulent savoury nibbles are ideal for serving with drinks. They can be made in advance and stored in a tin or frozen. You need to use olives without stones while olives stuffed with anchovy, pepper can add another delicious dimension.
large baking tray and 2 x mixing bowls
100g Doves Farm Organic Plain White Flour
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
125g parmesan cheese, grated
3 tbsp water
oil, for tray
220°C, Fan 200°C, 425°F, Gas 7
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Rub some oil around the inside of a large baking tray or insert a baking liner.
- Put the flour, salt and pepper into a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Chop the butter into small cubes and add them to the bowl.
- Using a fork or pastry blender mix the flour and butter cubes together until they resemble breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the grated parmesan cheese.
- Break the egg into another bowl, add the water and beat well.
- Tip the egg mixture to the main bowl and mix everything together to form a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into the same number of pieces as the number of olives and roll each into a ball.
- Flatten each dough ball into a 6-7cm circle, put an olive in the middle and draw the dough up around the olive.
- Put the balls on the prepared baking tray with the dough seal at the bottom.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden.
- Store the cold bites in an airtight tin for up to 2 days or freeze for up to a month.
- Serve cold or gently warmed.