Coconut Flour Lemon Drizzle Cake
About this recipe:
The Coconut Flour goes a long way and adds a delightful twist to this classic lemon cake which can be made with either caster sugar or xylitol to reduce the carb loading.
500g/1lb loaf tin, saucepan and 2 x mixing bowls
COCONUT LEMON CAKE
50g Doves Farm Organic Coconut Flour
50g ground almonds
1 tbsp Doves Farm Baking Powder
75g caster sugar or xylitol
oil, for tin
50g caster sugar or xylitol
180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4
Coconut Lemon Cake
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Rub some oil around the inside of a 500g/1lb loaf tin or insert a baking liner.
- Put the coconut flour, ground almonds and baking powder into a bowl and stir well to combine.
- Break the eggs into a large mixing bowl, finely grate the lemon rind into the bowl and save the lemons for later.
- Add the caster sugar or xylitol and oil to the bowl and beat together well.
- Stir in the prepared flour blend.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin.
- Squeeze the lemons into a small bowl or saucepan and add the caster sugar or xylitol.
- Gently warm until the sugar or xylitol has melted.
- Press a BBQ stick or skewer through the top of the cake to make multiple holes.
- Pour the lemon mixture over the top of the cake and leave until quite cold.
- Carefully turn the cake out of the tin.