Quinoa Banana Cake
About this recipe:
Why not rustle up this delicious vegan cake next time you have a spare ripe banana? It will keep well in a tin for slicing and adding to packed lunches during the week. Alternatively make and freeze banana quinoa cake to enjoy another day.
500g/1lb loaf tin, baking liner, zester, grater and mixing bowl
100g Doves Farm Organic Quinoa Flour
2 tsp Doves Farm Baking Powder
100g brown sugar
1 ripe banana
4 tbsp oil
1 tbsp orange rind, zested
1 tsp orange rind, grated
3 tbsp orange juice
oil, for tin
180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Rub some oil around the inside of a 500g/1lb loaf tin or insert a baking liner.
- Measure the flour and baking powder into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Put the brown sugar into a large mixing bowl, add the banana and mash into a paste.
- Beat in the oil.
- Make a tablespoon of fine orange zest strips and set this aside.
- Finely grate a teaspoon of orange rind and add this to the mixing bowl.
- Squeeze the orange juice, add it to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Sieve the prepared flour blend into the bowl and mix well.
- Tip the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the top.
- Sprinkle the prepared zest strips over the top of the cake.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.