Fruity Oat Biscuit and Chocolate Salami Slice
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this recipe.
About this recipe:
With Italian origins, chocolate salami slice is another great no-bake, fridge cake, similar in concept to tiffin or rocky road.
parchment paper, oven tray, saucepan and 2 x mixing bowls
25g flaked almonds
150g Doves Farm Organic Fruity Oat Biscuits
150g plain chocolate
2 tbsp honey
50g dried cranberries
icing sugar, for dusting
200°C, Fan 180°C, 400°F, Gas 6
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Spread out the pistachios and flaked almonds on an oven tray, roast in the oven for 4-5 minutes then leave to cool.
- Break the biscuits into tiny pieces.
- Put the butter and chocolate into another bowl and heat gently until just melted, stir in the honey.
- Add the biscuit pieces, roasted nuts and cranberries and mix well.
- Tip the mixture onto a large piece of parchment paper.
- Using the parchment for support, roll the mixture to form a 30cm/12” cylinder, pressing to exclude any air.
- Leave the wrapped cylinder for 3-4 hours until set.
- Unwrap the cylinder, dust it with icing sugar and cut it into 7mm/¼” slices.
- Store whole or sliced in an airtight container in the refrigerator and bring back to room temperature before serving.