Buckwheat, Orange and Cinnamon Drop Scone Pancakes
About this recipe:
A warming cinnamon spiced treat for tea, this easy drop scone recipe does not require milk. We like these best when served warm and spread with butter and honey.
large frying pan, measuring jug and mixing bowl
100g Doves Farm Organic Wholemeal Buckwheat Flour
1 tbsp icing sugar
1 tsp Doves Farm Baking Powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 orange, grated rind and juice
oil, for pan
- Measure the flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon into a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Grate the orange into the bowl.
- Squeeze the orange juice into a jug and add water until you have 150ml/5floz of liquid.
- Add the egg and beat the mixture well.
- Pour the mixture into the flour and stir to make a smooth batter.
- Put a little oil into a frying pan, roll it around to cover the surface and heat until the pan is nice and hot.
- Drop large spoonful’s of batter into the hot pan, smoothing each into a 10cm/4” circle.
- Cook until bubbles form and the base is golden, then turn the pancakes over and cook on the other side.
- Transfer the pancakes to a plate and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve warm or toasted with butter and honey.