Coconut Flour Jam and Coconut Traybake
About this recipe:
A classic tea time treat, this traybake cake is sometimes known as school cake, because it was often served at lunchtime in English schools. The coconut flour goes a long way in this sponge cake which is dairy free and lower in carbs than some other cakes.
18 x 23cm/7 x 9” baking tray, chopping board and 2 x mixing bowls
COCONUT SPONGE CAKE
25g Doves Farm Organic Coconut Flour
25g tapioca flour
2 tsp Doves Farm Baking Powder
75g caster sugar or xylitol
oil, for tray
6 tbsp strawberry jam
2 tbsp desiccated coconut
180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Rub some oil around the inside of an 18 x 23cm/7 x 9” baking tray or insert a baking liner.
- Measure the flour, tapioca and baking powder into a bowl, stir to combine and sieve into another bowl.
- Break the eggs into a mixing bowl, add the sugar or xylitol and beat well.
- Beat in the oil.
- Stir in the prepared flour mix.
- Pour into the prepared baking tray, smoothing out to the edges.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool in the tray.
- Put a chopping board over the tin and invert the two to turn out the cold cake.
- Spread the jam over the sponge.
- Sprinkle the coconut over the jam.
- Slice the cake into squares or triangles to serve.